References

Primum non nocere... "First, do no harm."

stardate 84272.65

Personal log.
Captain, USS Madhav.

That couldn’t have gone better.

I just finished my meeting with Admiral Quinn. It seems the fleet is in dire need of medical ships – the various border conflicts the Federation has been experiencing have left a number of outer colonies without adequate medical care. Due to my training as a doctor, and my experience in the field, Admiral Quinn has given me a promotion to Commander and ordered me to take command of the USS Madhav, one of our newly commissioned medical ships. Admiral Quinn explained to me that we may still be called for active combat duty, when we’re needed, but that our main mandate is to provide medical care to any who might need it. I feel very fortunate to have been given the new command, and Admiral Quinn was generous enough to let me take my senior staff from the Brahe with me. Things are really coming together – I have Arthur onboard, Carol and command of one of the most advanced medical ships in the fleet. I only hope my good fortune doesn’t stop.